Thursday, June 5, 2008


I just saw Jim Jarmusch's "Night on Earth," a film with 5 vignettes from Helsinki, LA, Paris, Rome, and New York. I don't know how I missed seeing this since I loved "Stranger than Paradise," "Dead Man," "Mystery Train" and even "Coffee and Cigarettes," but it's totally great and totally engrossing. I mean, Winona Ryder as a cab driver and a soundtrack by Tom Waits? What else do you need, really?


Since I'm on the topic of movies, I finally received Andrew Bujalski's "Funny Ha Ha" which was finished in 2002, but just released in theaters last year. I enjoyed it, but then again, I'm the target audience. Currently, I love amusing films with low production values and authentic humour about the post-college experience. Imperfect but totally appealing. Super awkward, not amazingly original, but you know, one of those movies you thought you'd make 6 months after graduating from NYU film school.



Link for review, if you're into that

No comments: